Starter võib takistada mootori käivitumist

Elekter ja muud sõlmed, mis eelnevate teemade alla ei sobi.
Vasta
Kasutaja avatar
joonas

Starter võib takistada mootori käivitumist

Postitus Postitas joonas » 10 Apr 2008 15:36

Question

Occasionally, when I try to start my 86 944, the engine will stop with a lound "thunk". When I try it again, the starter works just fine. What's happening and how can I make it stop doing that?

Answer

There is a little known technical bulletin which describes this problem and how to fix it. What happened in 1986 is that Porsche stopped using the starter that was on the early 944 cars and switched to a starter with a gear reduction motor. Unfortunately, that particular starter has a stronger magnetic field than the old one, and that magnetism can "fool" the flywheel sensor into thinking that it is time to fire the ignition, even though the piston is still in the middle of the compression stroke. This causes the piston (and the rest of the engine) to stop dead in its tracks (and puts quite a strain on the starter at the same time.)

In order to fix the problem, Porsche released a new flywheel sensor bracket, and a sleeve around the forward sensor in order to shield it from this stray magnetism.

The part numbers which you will need to order to make this upgrade are:

944.101.320.00 Sleeve
944.101.321.07 Bracket

If your car is not a turbo, you can still use the old style starter which doesn't generate the intense magnetic field and will avoid the problem. Unfortunately, the exhaust system on a turbo precludes using the early starter.

George Beuselinck - PCA WebSite - 3/17/2005

http://www.pca.org/tech/tech_qa_questio ... ACD0AC4FC}

Vasta